Period and pregnancy

Q: Dear Dr. Suneel Sharman,

First of all Thank you for your previous answer and for your time.
Actually I am confused if I am really pregnant. I have an irregular period, and my last 4 cycles has been recorded like that: 28,26,30,27 days long.
In addition, for this month I had my period in 03-10-2011 and for now I am in my 31 days from my period begin and I haven't yet.
My question is: Am I pregnant? Is it possible? I can't wait I need to know without purchasing clear blue (home test). also, If I am what are the precaution that I should take for not miscarriage. And if I am not pregnant, what are the reasons to get my period late?

Thank you for your time and for helping people online. I appreciate that.

Mrs. Francis