Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Period back after almost a year and no more how flushes or night sweats

Period back after almost a year and no more how flushes or night sweats

Patient: I stopped having my period at 47, I had hot flushes and night sweats during and before my period stopped. Almost a year later I had my period and now it has come once a month for 2 months and the hot flushes and night sweats have stopped, should I be worried?

Symptoms: Hot flushes, night sweats and no period for approximately a year. Now period 2 months in a row and flushes and night sweats gone. Period normal flow, but lasts approximately a 7-10 days.

Doctor:

Patient: thanks I would like to know soon. can’t see gyno when I have my period and don’t want to wait for a week for some answers.