Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Period/ birth control and antibiotic

Period/ birth control and antibiotic

Patient: I take a 3 month birth control. I was on an antibiotic for about 2 weeks. During this time I forgot to take the pill, as I figured it was ineffective anyways. I now got my period 1.5 months into my 3 month cycle. What should I do? Do I start taking the pills again or wait until the period is over and then have it again in another 1.5 months?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.You have not mentioned what type of birth control you are talking. Assuming from the second s entence that it is a pill & those are birth control pills, you can start taking the pills from day 5 of the menstrual cycle till day 25 of the cycle give a break to have your period. On day 28 (plus or two days).Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

View all posts