Period delayed by 19 days

Patient

Q: Hi, I am female 25 years and, i had intercourse with my partner on like january 20th and we used condoms and next morning i had unwanted 72 (contra-cep. pill) and exact after a weak i had a little abnormal discharge, and now my period is delayed by 20 days so i am in trouble and i am really stressing over this please help me. what it could be or what may be the consequences and what do you suggest?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

As you used condoms and took the emergency pill within 24 hours of the intercourse the possibility of pregnancy is less in your case. Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like stress and strain, weight changes, lifestyle modifications, gonadal or thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes etc.
Please go for urine pregnancy test once to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
Then you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice.

Take care