Period delayed, take pill at same time?

Patient: Been on pill for 3 years.Start pack on Sunday – take 3 weeks, period always comes during the fourth week Tuesday (two days ago) then I have period from Tuesday -sunday and start new pack on Sunday.My period came today though, and I won’t even be finished it by Sunday, do I still take Sunday pill on Sunday or delay two days to keep in sync?

Symptoms: N/A

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Your query & the days are confusing. But what I presume is that you should have started y our periods by Tuesday but they have been delayed by two days & you got the same on Thursday. It should be apt if you start the pills two days later to compensate the delay. Generally the birth control pills should be taken from latest by day 5 of the menstrual cycle till day 25 of the cycle, if it is a 21 strip pack. The first (7) days should avoid unprotected sexual intercourse to avoid an unwanted pregnancy.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.