Period is late one day. Am I pregnant?

Patient: Hi i had my last period at 23rd aprili had unsecure sex at 12th may but im still virginhe ejaculate when he was lying on my with his penuis on my stomach and then both wash immediatlymy period didnt come yet today is 24th mayusually when my period near to come i have tender breast but until now i have no pain at all in my breastim so scared am i pregnant ???answer me fast please

Doctor: Thank you for your query.According to your period date, the day you had sex happens to be the 22nd day of the menstrua l cycle, which is a safe day i.e. only if your periods are regular once in 28 days periodicity. But sometimes due to various reasons the ovulation can virtually occur on any day & mostly can get delayed, if ovulation took place around this time frame & if there had been any flow of semen down the stomach to the vagina either at the time of the sexual intercourse or during the wash there can be a possibility of pregnancy otherwise the chances are almost remote. In some months the period may be delayed either due to stress, strain, lifestyle modifications or hormonal imbalances. If you don’t get your period even after 7 to 10 days past your menstrual cycle it is advisable to opt for a home pregnancy test.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.