Period lasting longer than normal

Patient: I don’t know if I chose the right catigory. I have had my period for 12 days, it usually lasts 5-6 days. It is the same as my normal period,but has been 12 days. What should I be concerned about?

Doctor: There is a possibility that your period irregularity, be due to the approaching menopause that usually occurs during thi s age period. It should not be concerning unless the bleeding is heavy and associated with other symptoms like pain, hot flashes, emotional changes etc, in which case you may want to see your doctor for clinical evaluation and hormone therapy.There is a possibility that your period irregularity, be due to the approaching menopause that usually occurs during this age period. It should not be concerning unless the bleeding is heavy and associated with other symptoms like pain, hot flashes, emotional changes etc, in which case you may want to see your doctor for clinical evaluation and hormone therapy.