Period late after ECP Pill

Q: I had unprotected sex last thursday and took the ECP (single plan b pill) last Friday (24 hour later) i am on Levelen and i was due to start the placebo pills on the Saturday. and period due to start on the Monday. My period is still yet to arrive. despite taking the ECP pill.

A:   Thank you for your query.
When you are using birth control pills and also the emergency contraceptive pill the period can get a little delayed. Anyhow you say that your periods are only delayed by 2days it should not be a problem. ECP pills do cause intermittent bleeding or delay or irregularity in periods. Wait for another 2-3 days if the period does not come opt for a home pregnancy test to check out pregnancy status.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.