Period pain after injectable contraceptives.

Patient: Im on injection conraception ive been on this for over 2 year, i had an injection about 4 weeks ago but for the last 4 days ive had intense period pain is this normal should i change conraception . ive not had a period or symptons of a period since ive had this contraception

Doctor: I do understand your concern. Since you’ve had no problems with the injections for 2 years, I do not think that your per iod pain could be due to the injectable contraceptive. Though irregular periods, bleeding and abdominal pain is a side effect of injectable contraceptives, it is usually seen during the early usage period. I would suggest that you see you gynecologist to rule out other causes such as a pelvic inflammatory disease or fibroids.

View all posts