Period starting early while on birth control

Q: I've been on birth control for about two years now. For most of those two years, I've been taking Apri. Last time I had my prescription filled, it was filled with Marvelon, which the pharmacist told me was the same thing.
Normally, I finish the active pills on a Friday and start my period the following Monday. I've been a few days late the last few months (which I assumed was because of the stress of starting a new job and changing my schedule around, it didn't concern me as I wasn't having sex at the time), but this time I finished the active pills on Friday as usual and started my period on Saturday. I haven't missed any pills and I've been taking them before I go to bed every night. Is there a reason I would be so early?