Period twice in the same month

Patient : I am on birth control and have been for almost a year. Why have i had two periods in one month for the past two months?
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. If the period comes in the beginning of the month and the end of the month then it is normal, you should not be calculating it as two periods. But if the periods are coming with 15 days difference then it is advisable to see the doctor who can probably do a scan to diagnose the reason or suggest alterations is using the pill or perhaps change the pill. Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.