Period while pregnant

Patient

Q: Is it possible to have ur period while pregnant?

Symptoms:  Fatigue, light headed, nautious, cravings, tender breasts
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is very common to experiencing mild spotting/bleeding while pregnant. This is due to hormonal fluctuations that one may be going through during the process of pregnancy. Having a full menstrual period during pregnancy does not occur during pregnancy. If excessive bleeding is noticed during pregnancy, it is imperative that one proceeds to be seen by the doctor immediately to determine the cause of this bleeding. One possible cause of excessive bleeding during pregnancy is miscarriage, which indeed is a concern that requires immediate medical attention.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com