Periods and light bleeding.

Patient

Q: I have been on my periods for 3 days now .Normally they would start of heavy.But they have been light bleeding so far.I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.What does this mean and what should i do?

Doctor

If the pregnancy test is negative and you are having your periods on time but just the flow is less, there is actually no need to worry as the flow can determined in most cases by different stressors during the month, be in psychological, emotional or physical, all can have a bearing on hormonal concentration and can cause either delayed or decreased menses.
So, there is no need to worry as such and maintain a menstrual calendar for next 3 months to understand the pattern in next few months .
I hoep i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you goo health,
regards