Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Periods and light bleeding.

Periods and light bleeding.

Patient: I have been on my periods for 3 days now .Normally they would start of heavy.But they have been light bleeding so far.I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.What does this mean and what should i do?

Doctor: Hello,If the pregnancy test is negative and you are having your periods on time but just the flow is less, there is a ctually no need to worry as the flow can determined in most cases by different stressors during the month, be in psychological, emotional or physical, all can have a bearing on hormonal concentration and can cause either delayed or decreased menses.So, there is no need to worry as such and maintain a menstrual calendar for next 3 months to understand the pattern in next few months .I hoep i have answered your query in detail,wishing you goo health,regards