Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Periods get delayed everytime I have sex.

Periods get delayed everytime I have sex.

Patient: Please guide me every time I have sex with my husband, I get fever and my periods get delayed by 10-12 days. Is that normal to happen? I am having sex for almost an year now with him and the same things happens almost every time.

Symptoms: Fever, Stomach bloat, tired, excessive sleep.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Intercourse or sex has no relationsh ip with a delay in period unless there is a pregnancy chance.You need to get a detailed evaluation and get your hormone levels tested since the delay has been persistent over a year now.Serum FSH, LH levels along with Serum estrogen and progesterone needs to be checked. Thyroid profile should also be done to rule out hypothyroidism.If you never had an ultrasound before, you should get an ultrasound whole abdomen done to rule out Polycystic Ovary.Kindly get the investigations done and proceed accordingly.Hope this was helpful.Regards.

View all posts