Permanent endometriosis treatment?

Patient : I suffer from endometriosis and have been on my period for 4 weeks now and I'm in extreme pain I can hardly walk. I have 2 children so I need to be mobile. I have tried all contraceptive options. I feel the only option is a hystorectomy but I don't know if I can coupe with the pain for much longer I suffer abdominal pain every day and roughly 5 days before my period the pain is worse and during my period the pain is unbearable ideally I would like a hystorectomy as I feel it is the most beneficial solution for my children and myself as they deserve more than to have to put up with me being in pain or getting pregnant again and having to watch me suffer, as I suffered terrible pregnancy, alsoI only ever wanted 2 children so that makes it an even more beneficial decision, What are my other imididate and permanent options and is an immediate hystorectomy a possibility?
Symptoms:  Severe bleeding for more that 4 weeks, severe pain, dizziness
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Help, I have had dx of Barrett's Esophagus since 2009, however, two were done at Mayo and they said I did NOT have it...

Q: I had endometriosis cystectomy 10 days ago. I need to know what my pathology report says and is it cancer ous? do I n...

Q: I had my hysterectomy about 5 years ago today I started to spot a little bit. Should I be concerned. I had Pecos and...

Q: Why are my old belly button laparoscopy scars bleeding and has pus coming out of it (for about 3 weeks now) My last l...

Q: Let me preface this question with the fact that I have endometriosis / PCOS and have been dealing with them since 200...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon