Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Permanent Pimple in the middle of my chin

Permanent Pimple in the middle of my chin

Patient: About 6 months ago I got a pimple in the middle of my lower lip and bottom of my chin. Right In The Middle. I popped it and it went away for a few days, then it raised and won’t go away now. It’s been there for months and is the color of my skin until I pick at it again out of frustration. All that comes out of it is clear pus, so I do know what’s going on or what I can do to get it to go away. Please help, I’m tired of having this bump on my face..

Symptoms: No physical pain, just frustration from having a permanant pimple in the middle of my chin.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask the Doctor” for posting your query.From the description it appears that y ou are probably suffering from cystic acne. First and foremost I would like to advise you not to squeeze the pimple otherwise it can cause permanent scarring. The common causes for such acne are hormonal changes (especially in the adolescent age group), use of greasy cosmetics, humidity and sweating.Treatment options for acne are use of benzoyl peroxide – water or alcohol based depending upon your skin type. Isotretinoin is a prescription drug used for the treatment of cystic acne. Although it is very effective, it has some side effects too. Antibiotics are helpful in infective pimples. Sometimes steroid injections are given directly into the cyst not responding to treatment.However I would like to advise you to visit your doctor and get it properly examined and treated.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!