Perplexing Itch of the Rectal Region

Q: I'm sure you have had some interesting questions asked on here and I feel I'm about to add one to the list.

About a year ago, I was finishing my business and using the toilet paper for its intended purpose when I got a feeling that I was not quite expecting: pleasure. The same pleasure you feel when you can finally scratch that itch, except 10 times more satisfying. I'm amazed at how good it feels enough so the end of the exchange with the toilet, while still unflattering, is enjoyable to the extent that such an action could be considered enjoyable. This is not the kind of itch where you didn't do a good enough job cleaning up and realize it 10 min later when attempt to walk somewhere. Sometimes there exists no itch at all, but the same sensation still occurs.

Now I had been handling my business the same way for the first 20 years of my life with no surprises. I usually have to use a lot of toilet paper and when I don't I'm quietly pleased with myself. Lots of toilets have fallen victim to the point I actually worry about the flushing capabilities of each new toilet I encounter. Ironically enough, recently I haven't had problems and used significantly more normal amounts of TP. But the reason I bring up the amount of toilet paper is: I've been wiping my ass, a lot, for years. Why in God's name does it feel good now?

I have looked online and neither the criteria for hemorrhoids nor anal itching match. I feel no pain or discomfort. I can sit or stand whatever, perfectly normal. I have also discovered over the course of the year, the rectum is no longer the sole focal point. The region between the scrotum and the rectum as well as the upper crack sometimes stimulate the same sensation, but generally less. I attribute that to more natural itches than my initial problem, but I felt it warranted noting. I also have a less than hairless bottom, but again I've had that since the start of puberty (unfortunately), so the mysterious appearance of these symptoms is still unknown to me.

If your'e thinking this might be psychological, it's not. The rectal region repulses me. Repulsion might be a strong word but it's not my favorite region to discuss. It's natural, part of the human body, I see it, it's there, I understand completely. But, to give you an understanding: I still refuse to believe girls handle their business too. And as mature as that sounds, it doesn't happen. So irony again rears its head.

As I'm sure you are aware of now, I have dwelled on this quite a bit; enough so I'm asking an anonymous doctor their opinion, but hey you live with the actions you take while regretting the ones you don't. I have had good general health (no STDs or chronic illness), up to date on vaccines, no specific allergies to speak of, my life has continued on completely normally. There have been no negative side effects; just very perplexed about what is happening. I hope this was interesting enough to pique your interest in answering, and if you don't know the answer to at least forward it to someone else who might.

Thanks for your time