Persistant 2 week mucus cough leads to throwing up

Q: Have had just over 2 weeks a persistent mucus cough that cough mixture isn't fixing, it allows me to go to sleep, that's about it. I'm now coughing to the point where I'm being sick or close to being sick. I am asthmatic, and don't usually need my puffer, but of late I am using it a lot more. I don't use it unless I have too as the ventolin gives me shakes. I am feeling nauseous and not really wanting to eat, I only eat because I know I have too. I know I'm not drinking enough water, so I am probably tired from being dehydrated (Australia & Summer time).
I don't want to go to the Dr's around my area as they only give me antibiotics again, as they've prescribed them to me a lot of late.

Symptoms:  Tired > Mucus in throat > Coughing, really tired, being sick, not wanting to eat.

Thanks for the query
With the description of your cough, it indicates that it could be an acute bronchitis, with an infection along. The cough must have subsided with the medications by now if it were not be an infection. Since you have a history of asthma and have been using the puffs often now, you need medical help again. It would be great if you see your doctor. You may need to be started on additional medicines like theophylline tablets, nebulisation and steroid based inhalers or oral short course steroids if needed to give you immediate relief. Seek doctor's advice and take another course of antibiotics if needed, as it will only do good and reduce your symptoms. Since you have not been able to eat and drink enough water, the dehydration will further reduce your immunity and cause more stress. Avoid cold exposure and avoid the allergens if you know what triggers an asthma in you. Salt water gargles, steam inhalations and lozenges with ginger and mint will give some relief. Avoid physical exertion and keep yourself hydrated, avoid oily food.
Hope this helped