Persistent back ache

Q: I've had this dull ache in my upper back between my shoulder blades for about a year and a half now. It used to be more on and off, but now it doesn't seem to go away, and I don't recall any recent traumas that might have caused it. It hasn't gotten in the way of activities, although it worsens when I'm sitting still for long periods of time (which is especially annoying since I am a student in high school and I spend most of the day sitting in a desk). Exercise seems to lessen the pain, and cracking the bones in my back and neck provides temporary respite, but I don't like having to do it so often. I've tried taking ibuprofen, which doesn't really do anything to help. Is this something I should be worried about? I'm not sure if this is related at all, but I've also been experiencing some severe dizziness when I stand up after lying down for long periods of time. It is kind of a sensation of rocking back and forth, and I get spots clouding my vision for several seconds before going away.

Symptoms:  Persistent ache in thoracic spine, some dizziness

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are having chronic backache. As you have no history of injury and young. This pain can be related to vitamin and trace elements deficiency and weakness of muscles and bones. You will be benefitted by back exercises and multivitamins and trace elements supplements. You can get your vitamin B12 and vitamin D levels and if found low it can be supplemented. You can further investigate yourself by MRI of the region. About dizziness after suddenly standing from lying down position, it can be due to postural hypotension ( sudden dropping of BP). You can see yourself by physician about it.
Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.