Persistent back pain / cancer?

Patient

Q: I have had back pain the past months, maybe up to a year now. originally i thought it was my lack of exercise as i sit on the computer all day with very little exercise, i have been reading and may have started torturing myself thinking it could be some sort of cancer. i am male, 25

Symptoms:  Back pain
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Most probably your backache is related to your lack of exercises. It can be due to weak bone and muscles. It is unlikely to be due to be a cancer. However, you can investigate by MRI of the lumbar spine to exclude the rare causes. You need to get your vitamin D test level and if found low you can get vitamin D3 supplements. You need to do back exercises to strengthen your muscles. You can take analgesics such as Ibuprofen for pain relief.
Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care