Persistent eye pain without discharge. Is it an emergency?

Patient

Q: My 5 year old daughter had a sudden eye pain at the evening, which stopped for a while and then started again (we were in a park and it was windy, the pain started when her hair got into her eyes). Since then she was tearing a lot and complaining for pain in her eye. The conjuctiva is red, and has runny nose, but now that she is asleep, it doesn't seem to have any discharge, yet her face is still read and she has pain in her sleep. What to you think it is? Is it an emergency?

Symptoms:  Eye pain, irritation, tearing
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Yes, this is an emergency as there is a possibility of an injury to the cornea, which can be diagnosed only by the Ophthalmic Surgeon by special examination.
The history of wind in the park, hair causing trauma to the face and the eyes and discharge and severe pain in the eyes support my suspicion.
Please Take her to the Doctor as this any need a special investigations and treatment too.

I hope this answer helps you.