193 Physicians Online

Persistent headache, reduced appetite and weight loss

Hi doctor(s) good evening. I m siddharth here from India and want to ask you a question. My mother has been suffering from a constant headache for 21 years now and there has been area that is left untouched. ( I mean Halopathy, Homeopathy, Ayurveda). There seems to be no problem with her blood tests, which many doctors here confirmed to be normal. Recently she has lost about 10-15 kgs and her diet has reduced drastically. She keeps complaining of this headache everyday and she doesn't get hungry so easily. We live in Mumbai where its worse. Some colder and less polluted places suit her in terms of headache. For example in Pune, when we lived for a month she got the headache on very few occasions. Apart from mumbai, in places like chennai she gets headache when she too much of work or when she doeesn't have her food on time, whenever she gets hungry. Is there any solution to this persistent problem. Our family is quiet regarding her health and I do not know if it can get any worse. I request you to come up with some suggestion.

Your mother’s headache seems to be associated with excessive stress that she may be feeling in crowded cities like Mumbai. This may also be the cause for her reduced appetite and weight loss. Change to a less crowded area of residence may help. She may also perform yoga and meditation for relaxation and a healthy body and mind. Daily morning or evening walks may also help.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA