x
184 Physicians Online

Question:

Persistent pain after surgery to remove cyst

I have undergone a surgery for excision of a cyst on the armpit two months ago, I have visited the surgeon again after a month from the surgery because of the pain,he advised me to take some antibiotics. I followed them but still the pain is there and the colour of the wound is red like the first day after the surgery.

Answer:

It seems you have a persistent wound infection. The antibiotics you were advised to take appear not to be effective against the bacteria causing your infection. You will need to return to your surgeon for different course of antibiotics. Your surgeon will take a sample of any discharge from the wound and send it to lab for testing. This will determine the most effective antibiotic against the infection. There is potential for the infection to worsen hence  I advise that you see your doctor as soon as possible.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA