Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Persistent pain in left centre of chest

Persistent pain in left centre of chest

Patient: Persistent pain in left centre of chest

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query and I understand your concern.Most common causes of such chest pa in are:1. Muscular Pain / Costochondritis.2. Chest pain due to heart issues.3. Acid peptic disease.We can’t afford to miss cardiac reason for chest pain so we always advise to get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not.If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.For acid reflux, i would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.If you have recurrent episodes of acidity, get upper GI endoscopy and Ultrasound Abdomen done.For muscular chest pain , do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy