Persistent sore throat for about 6/7 months

Patient : Hi, i am a 16 year old girl and I had a tonsillectomy about 2 years ago now. I've always had problems with my throat and none of this has stopped even after the tonsillectomy. Since September 2013 I have had at the very least 7/8 throat infections but I do not see any infection in the throat yet it is extremely painful. Doctors have just been prescribing me with phenoxymethyl penicillin and it has not helped. I had a severe bad throat last week in which I lost my voice for 3/4 days. It had only cleared up 2 days ago and now I am in severe pain AGAIN. The pain seems to be at the bottom of my throat and around my glands/ears. My throat is not red and there are no visible lumps or infection of the throat. I am in severe pain I find it hard to concentrate in school as all I can concentrate on is my throat. Any explanation?
Symptoms:  Sore throat, sputum in throat, sore glands, sore neck