Persistent Stomach Problems

Q: I have been suffering with my stomach for 10 weeks now. I find it difficult to eat and keep vomiting frequently.  I have been in hospital had endoscope and apart from inflammation it seems normal. I'm on medications but why is there no improvement and when will the vomiting stop? Gallstones were found but they are leaving them.

A:   Thank you for your question.  When I read your question, I feel overwhelmed - I can not imagine how you are feeling - or even coping with your symptoms.
Any symptoms that persist for several months warrant further investigation. It sometimes helps doctors to re-review your symptoms and re-perform a physical examination or investigations.  When initial investigations are normal, we often treat symptoms based on what is most common for a particular age group. When initial therapy fails, it is helpful to re-review symptoms with your doctor.
I hope this makes sense.