Pertussis Vaccination for a Mom of 2 year old

Patient: Im wondering if im not 100% sure if ive gotten the pertussis vaccine 2 yrs ago, if I can go ahead and get it again? I had my son 2 yrs ago and im not sure if i got it after i had him, but i want to get it now. but since idk if i FORSURE got it, could there be any risks of getting it again?

Doctor: Pertusis vaccine (Tdap) can be taken without any risk irrespective of your previous immunisation status. If you have bee n vaccinated with 3 or more doses of Td or Tdap in your childhood, and its been more than 10 years since the last dose you need to take a booster dose at this time. But if you are uncertain of your immunisation in the childhood and until now, you should go for a complete course of immunisation for the pertusis which consists of 2 doses at 4 months interval and the third dose at 6 – 12 months, followed by a booster at every 10 years thereafter.You also have an option to see your doctor and take the blood test to check the antibody titres for the immunisation status of pertusis and then decide for further immunisation.Pertusis vaccine (Tdap) can be taken without any risk irrespective of your previous immunisation status. If you have been vaccinated with 3 or more doses of Td or Tdap in your childhood, and its been more than 10 years since the last dose you need to take a booster dose at this time. But if you are uncertain of your immunisation in the childhood and until now, you should go for a complete course of immunisation for the pertusis which consists of 2 doses at 4 months interval and the third dose at 6 – 12 months, followed by a booster at every 10 years thereafter.You also have an option to see your doctor and take the blood test to check the antibody titres for the immunisation status of pertusis and then decide for further immunisation.