x
61 Physicians Online

Question:

Peyronies disease and penis extenders

I suffer from peyronies disease, the use of an extender to treat the situation, it's it helpful or does it makes the matter worse? Thanks.

Answer:

Recent scientific studies demonstrate that extender devices are useful int he treatment of Peyroniie Disease. They usually have acceptable results, i.e.they may not improve symptoms but will at least prevent progression of the disease.
You should also be aware that there are other treatment modalities available for the treatment of this condition. These include oral medications (Vitamin E, PABA), injections (Prosataglandin E1), iontophoresis as well as extracorporeal shockwave therapy. You may discuss these options with your doctor if you are dissatisfied with the results from your extender device.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.