Peyronies disease non-surgical treatment options

Q: Is there a drug available in the market that would cure peyronies disease. I've been using verapimil topical gel 15% for over a year now with very little success. I don't want surgery. looking for an effective drug that would cure the problem. I mean cure the problem 100%.

A:   There is currently no drug that cures Peyronie Disease. There are a number of non-surgical treatments for the condition which may reduce symptoms. Below is a list of treatment options.

Injection therapy with various agents including Verapamil, Prostagladin E1, Dexamethasone
Oral agents such as vitamine E, Colchicine, potassium aminobenzoate (PABA)
Extracoporeal shockwave therapy (shock waves are used to break up the plaque)
Interferon alpha 2b
External vaccum device
Low dose radiation therapy

Most of htese therapies work best in the early stages of the disease before the plaque has become calcified. Each treatment has assocaited risks. You should also note that Peyronie disease can improve without treatment.
You should discuss these options with your urologist, who will then be able to determine which treatment is right for you.