Phenazopyridine used during preganacy

Patient : Hi, my husband and I are trying to have a baby. We have had sex for the last week. I feel an irritation when I pee, I often get urinary tract infeccion and always take phenazopyridine. I do not know if I'm pregnant but is it safe to take phenazopyridine?
Doctor :   Hello, I realize how concerned you are about taking Phenazopyridine with the possibility of pregnancy. Let me reassure that this is a safe drug to take since it is a class B drug; this means that is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. However this medicine will not cure an infection, so if you still feel this symptoms or they increase in severity in next couple of days I will suggest you to consult your healthcare provider to rule out  urinary tract infection and a possibly prescription of antibiotics. I wish you a prompt recovery and a successful pregnancy.