x
200 Physicians Online

Question:

Phentabz safety?

Are phentabz (from gentech pharmaceutical) a safe appetite suppressant and diet supplement to aid in weight loss? I am not overweight but have been dieting and exercising to lose about 10-15 pounds and have plateaued a bit and am looking for some assistance. Are there any dangerous short or long term side effects with this OTC drug?

Answer:

Thank you for your question. This product is marketed as a non-prescription analogy of Phentermine, a prescription amphetamine appetite suppressant medication. Although the ingredients that are found within this supplement may be FDA approved, when taken in combination, there is no evidence on their efficacy and safety. Furthermore, the claims made by this product to suppress appetite, and increase metabolism are not approved by the FDA. We recommend that you exercise caution if you are using this supplement. If you have a physician with knowledge of your medical history, we recommend that you consult them before you take this supplement they will have a better idea as to whether you may be at risk for any adverse side effects of this supplement.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA