Phimosis Foreskin Issue

Q: Dear Sir or Madame,
I'm sixteen and have always had problems with a tight foreskin being unable to retract properly (phimosis) although I didn't realise this was a problem till recently. Because of this, I masturbate in an unorthodox; I lie down and rub my foreskin with my thumb.
Yesterday my foreskin got stuck whilst not erect (paraphimosis) and I went to A and E where the doctor pulled the foreskin over and said it wasn't too urgent, just tight.
However, my query is that, for all my life, my foreskin has completely covered the head, and not properly folded back; you can see the red flap of skin at the end of my penis.
When the doctor pulled my foreskin over the head, my penis was different; the foreskin was folded properly and the head was visible through the hole. The two states are illustrated in the included image.
This was much better and that night orthodox masturbation was easier, but still I daren't retract my penis back all the way! It was taking a while, so I finished off in my usual fashion, and went to bed.
When I woke up, I noticed my foreskin was back to normal; it was not folded inside and the head was no longer visible. I was wondering, could I return to what the doctor at the hospital did?
Thankyou, sorry for the long winded query but I am very naive and uncertain about my penis!