Phimosis Treatment

Patient

Q: Hello,

I am very concerned that I have developed these small tears under the glans of my penis. i am 20, uncut and i had a tight foreskin until about 18. the cuts heal but then whenever i become slightly sexually active, they reappear, and obviously hurt, though not unless they are touched. i heard this might be a form of herpes? or overly tight frenulum? what can i do about this? things are getting really frustrating with this recurring problem, so any help is appreciated. also, im currently on accutane. that has a boat load of side effects..is it weakening my skin down there?

Doctor

A:   Itseems you may havea phimosis (tight foreskin). The cuts you notice are most likelyinjuriesmade stretching of the foreskin during an erection. It is unlikely to herpes infection as herpes normally cause vesicles (fluid filled bumps) on the penis.Phimosis is easilycorrected by a circumcision, which is procedure whichsurgically removes the foreskin of the penis. I do not think your problems are related to your use of Accutane as it is not known to cause this kind of side effect.