Phlegm stuck in chest and lingering cough 2 wks.

Q: Hello. I initially became sick two weeks ago, and a week into the cold developed a cough. Because I was coughing up green phlegm, I was prescribed a 5 day pack of Azithromycin 250mg. At this point, most of my symptoms are gone, however the runny nose and cough remain. I am still coughing up phlegm with a slight hint of green, though a lot less than before. There are times when I gag from the phlegm trying to come out. The cough is slowly getting less, however when I exhale hard, I can hear the phlegm in my lungs, and that has not gone down for the past week. Should I just continue to wait it out, or will I run the risk of greater illness by letting the phlegm sit in my lungs? Thank You.

Symptoms:  Coughing with greenish/cloudy/clear phlegm, runny nose, can hear the phlegm stuck in my chest.

You can prefer to wait for a couple of days for the sputum to get thinner and congestion of the lungs to settle down. In case the cough gets worse and you develop a fever, difficulty in breathing or excessive sputum, you may need to continue the antibiotics for 5 more days or probably switch to a new one.
Consider nebulisation with saline or duolin for reducing the condition after consulting your doctor.

Hope this helped.