Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Physical and Pyshcological Premature Ejaculation

Physical and Pyshcological Premature Ejaculation

Patient: In what instances can premature ejaculation be physical rather than physcological as i am a long term sufferer and nothing i have tried has worked for me.

Doctor: Most cases of premature ejaculation are due to pyshcological causes which include unrealistic expectations from sexual i ntercourse, anxiety and worry over the experience, other concomitant stressors in life. Rarely depression may contribute as an organic cause of premature ejaculation. Also substance abuse induced premature ejaculation may be a secondary cause of the same. I would advice you to see your family physician for a complete physical evaluation .