Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Physician for diabetic

Physician for diabetic

Patient: My HBA1c is 6.0 and FBS is 6.23 am I a diabetic or not also give me advise.

Symptoms: No any

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.A HbA1c value of 6.0 indicates a mil d hyperglycemic state in the last 3 months.This needs further evaluation to rule out impaired glucose tolerance or T2DM.Unfortunately, this seems to be a typo “FBS is 6.23 am”. So I am not sure what your FBS value is, that would have helped.You need to repeat your FBS/ PPBS and if your physician recommends a glucose tolerance test and based on these values a conclusive diagnosis can be reached. However, even if it comes out to be positive, HBA1c of 6.0 is not alarmingly high and can be brought down with lifestyle modification and daily exercise.Hope this was helpful,Regards.