PID or Trichomoniasis

Patient : I took the one dose flagyl for trichomoniasis, and am still having symptoms. My doctor prescribed doxycycline because she says I may have PID. I have the EXACT same symptoms as I did with the trich, down to the smell of the discharge and constant itch. I have been on several antibiotics, because they did not find the trich at first. I am weary of taking another antibiotic if it will not help. Is it possible that the flagyl cured the trich and I now have PID, or do you think I still have trich? I have done tons of research, and I know doxycycline will not cure trich, but will help PID. What should I do? I don't want to take another antibiotic for no reason, but she is insisting I do before I come in for another check up.
Symptoms:  Severe vaginal itching at times, yellow discharge, odor, pain during sex