Pill Yasmin

Patient: Hi i am currently taking the pill for about 4 to 5 years and now with awhile i am not taking the 7 day breaks can this affect me

Doctor: Hello, I understand your worry about oral contraceptive pills.  The pills that you are not taking are the inactive pills s; these don’t have any effect on contraception but are recommended to be taken because they are considered reminder pills so that you start your cycle every 28 days.If you don’t take them on purpose, you must be sure to start the next pack after 7 days exactly due to the fact that only 1 missed dose of the active pills could eliminate the contraceptive effect of your treatment. That is why we recommend you to take the inactive pills as well so that you are a 100% sure that you would not miss an active dose next time. I wish you the best.