Pimple or something else?

Patient

Q: This is on my back, at first I thought it was just a pimple, after sending a photo to my mom she said that it looked like a staph infection? I have been going to the gym a lot recently and now its suddenly showed up.

Symptoms:  None
Pimple or something else?-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question This seems like an enlarged comedone (pimple). It is possible the the inflammation and accumulation of pus could be indicative of a more severe infection. We recommend that you ere on the side of caution and have this examined by your doctor. You may need treat this with some topical antibiotic cream. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com