"pimple" turned into intense swelling.

Q: I have a blemish on my face. It has been there several days and I wasn't too worried until last night. I messed with it against my better judgment thinking that it was simply a pimple or folliculitis. Almost immediately, the area surrounding the blemish under my left eye got very swollen. Then, this morning I was surprised to find the area is still just as swollen. It looks like I got punched in the face. I am worried that it may be something a little more serious, like a staph infection. Should I see a doctor or is it likely to fix itself?

Symptoms:  Above normal swelling around a blemish on my face. Blemish is about 12mm in diameter. Swelling in the area around my cheekbone and under my left eyes.
"pimple" turned i...-1