Pimples on my penis after i shaved.

Patient

Q: Hi Doctor, I have 4 small pimple like bumps on my penis after I shaved, it appeared after a day or two after shaving.
I used a philips aqua touch electric beard shaver to shave my penis, and i remember 3 to 4 hairs got pulled properly when i was shaving and it pained and infact the shaver cut a small area, around the area where these bumps have popped and i cleaned the cut area with antispetic and the blood flow stopped .
These 4 bumps are still there on my penis for the past 4 weeks now.

Symptoms:  Hi Doctor, I have 4 small pimple like bumps on my penis after I shaved, it appeared after a day or two after shaving.

Last time I had sex was 6 months back, with condom.

Please advice as to,
Do i need STD test done?
Do i need HIV test?
How long does it take to clear these bumps, is it natural after shaving?
Anything serious in my health
Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

What you have developed is known as folliculitis, which is a common side effect of shaving there.
I will advise you to consult your physician who can prescribe Mupirocin ointment and cortisone ointment, which will bring down the bumps.

If it does not resolve after applying the ointments, you can go ahead and get the STD panel tested. You do not need test for HIV since you had intercourse with a condom.

Hope this was helpful,