Ask The Doctor > Pending > Pin prick feeling in toe when touched

Pin prick feeling in toe when touched

Patient: Hi,I had hodgkins lymphoma in 2005, was discharged after all clear in 2006, but was told I had nerve damage in my right leg.Since then i’ve worked on maybe building up my nerve again, not sure if it has worked though as i still have no reflexes!For the past month/2 months, the toe next to my big one is red at the tip (theres no pain) although my partner told me it looked swollen this morning. Whenever I touch the tip of my toe it feels like a pin prick. Only feels like that if something touches it, no other time. The only way I can describe it is, its almost like the feeling when you cut off too much nail and can feel the nail bed? Not the pin, just the strange pin prick sensation.I had an MRI requested by a neurologist a couple months ago and he was rubbish and just said that I do not have spinal stenosis and could not help me :/ so then discharged me.What could be causing this issue with my toe? If it’s cold, i cant feel it at all along with the toe next to that one and it almost hurts.

Symptoms: slight swelling, redness, pin prick sensation when touched.

Doctor: