Pin worms in children

Patient: My five month old child has pin worm and I want to know what I can give her to kill them out. Or is there anything? I took her to the doctor and they gave her a small pill for me to put in water to dissolve it and to give it to her and I had to give her another one in two weeks but they only gave me one pill. So what should I do?

Doctor: Hello, I know that you are worried about your daughter’s pinworm treatment. The treatment for Enterobius or Pinworm in c children less than two years of age usually consists of only one dose of a 100mg chewed or dissolved in water like in your child’s case. If there is no cure after a single dose of the anthelmintic medication, another dose after 2 weeks could be given.IF you have uncertainty about your daughter’s single or dual dose prescription, don’t hesitate in asking your daughter’s Pediatrician about it. Sometimes the second pill might not be needed, please confirm this with her Pediatrician. I wish her a prompt recovery.