Pink Bumps On Penile Shaft From A Week

Patient

Q: I have two pink bumps on my penis they are on the middle of the shaft they have been there about a week and a half I don't know of they are rashes or a desease should I see someone about it?

Doctor

A:   Yes, i will strongly suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible. Some men have tiny hairs on the penile shaft; an inflammation of the hair follicle, called folliculitis, will cause bumps on this area. However, it is still important for a doctor to see it to make sure it is not syphilis, chancroid, molluscum contagiosum or herpes, to name a few. These infections will also have bumps on the genitalia. It is always better to be safe than sorry. I do hope I have appeased your concerns and take care always.