Pink liquid from nose after a bad cold

Patient

Q: I just got over having what I assume was a bad cold for the past few days. ( Sore throat, Stuffy nose, nausea, fatigue ) But yesterday morning I started leaking a runny pink liquid from my nose. Is this another symptom of my cold even though I'm feeling better, or should I be worried and see my doctor?

Doctor

A:   That could be minimal blood from the nasal congestion you just had. It can also be due to trauma if you had forcefully blown your nose or from nosepicking. You may observe it for now but if it persists or happen again, you should see a doctor just to make sure there is nothing serious going on. I hope this helps.