Pink/purple bump std?

Patient

Q: I have a purplish/pinkish bump near my butthole and I'm so afraid it's an STD. It hurts a bit and it's under my skin. Almost feels dense to touch. What could this be?!?? Please help.

Pink/purple bump std?-1
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We were unable to visualize the picture of your lesion that you uploaded to askthedoctor.com. There could be a number of causes for such a bump ranging from an clogged hair follicle, a benign cyst, or even a sexually transmitted infection such as herpes. If you have had unprotected sex and are concerned about having contracted a sexually transmitted infection, the best way to be certain is to be evaluated by your doctor and be tested. Please see your physician as soon as you can to be examined.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com