Pituitary adenoma: to operate or not?

Q: I was diagnosed with 8mm Pituitary adenoma, I'm very symptomatic but my hormone test results came normal Morning Cortisole and ACTH were normal, only my pm cortisole was high, my thyroid hormones, TSH, T3 and T4 all were within the normal range but TSH very close to the minimum, still within normal, how am i this much symptomatic? one doctor told me i would just need to watch the adenoma, but what about all the symptoms which are driving me crazy? fatigue, very irregular periods (diagnosed with PCOS), can't lose weight although i work out every day and watch my diet very carefully, headaches, occaisional nausiousness, bruises on my thighs, my bruises in general take forever to heal, unwanted hair on the face which don't go away even though have done laser therapy for two years, very bad concentration issues and memory loss, acnes, severe hairloss. Please help me, I would gladly have the tumor surgically removed if i know the symptoms would go away, i need them to go away, why is the doctor telling me because the hormones are fine i don't need to do anything? is it the right advice?

A:   The symptoms of weight gain and difficulty loosing weight, facial hair,acne and hair loss, irregular menstrual periods,are all more likely to be due to the PCOS and not due to the pituatary adenoma. However in case you develop visual changes or visual symptoms then this is an indication to operate on the adenoma. However adenomas are benign and if you are not experiencing severe symptoms due to the adenoma and the hormones are in the normal range then it is more advisable not to operate as it is a very risky one and the cons of operating are more .All the best.