Placebo pills and unprotected sex

Patient

Q: I started taking Microgestin exactly a month ago (today was my last pill) This is my first time being on any sort of birth control. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last night and given that this last week was my placebo pills week I was wondering if I should be worried/if I should take plan B? I am 19 and he is 22, neither of us is ready to be a parent.

Doctor

A:   Hi,
Thanks for the query!

I can understand your concern!
You should not care about it, the chances of pregnancy are very less in your case (if you are taking birth control pills regularly).
If you had unprotected sex on placebo pills, there is a really rare chance of pregnancy.
Do not take plan- B.

Hope it was useful.