Placenta is completely covers the Os

Patient

Q: Dear Ask The Doctor
Hello Dear Doctor,
As per last USG of Pregnancy (Downs Screening), my wife is 11 weeks and 04 days pregnant.
The USG Report implies that, "the Placenta is completely covers the Os with Slight posterior extension. No retroplacental collection is seen."
Doctor suggest complete bed rest and as per doctors prescription she is having following medicines:
1. Dopaston 10 mg ( 1 Tab, Three times daily )
2. Folezin (1 Tab, only at night)
According to the report, I want to know ... what is "the Placenta is completely covers the Os with Slight posterior extension" and I have any fear about my baby and wife or not.

Thank You ...
Sharif

Symptoms:  Nausea and vomiting, Gastric, Acidity, Backache, Lower Abdomen Pain, Weakness ...
Placenta is completely cove...-1 Placenta is completely cove...-2
Doctor

A:   Hi,

In early pregnancy, sometimes low lying placenta can be seen.
When placenta occupies the lower uterine segment that is called low lying placenta.
With the progression of pregnancy migration of the placenta is possible sometimes.
But, if the placenta completely covers the cervical os though it is slightly extended posteriorly, migration may not occur and it may remain low lying.
If placenta remains covering the os even after 20 weeks, that is called complete placenta previa.
This type of placenta can lead to sudden bleeding even with minimal strain sometimes.
So, please follow the advice given by your doctor and let your wife take complete bed rest.
You can continue the medicines prescribed by your doctor.
Regular antenatal visits and ultrasound examinations are needed to monitor the well-being of the baby and position of the placenta.

Take care.

Patient: Thanks a lot ... Doctor ...

Be well ...