Plan B

Q: I had unprotected sex on April 16th and 17th and on the 29th i did again i was suppose to get my period on the first which was a Saturday i didnt so i got scared took a pregnancy test it was negative so i took Plan b on Sunday because of that Thursday we had unprotected now im lost because i don't know if i will get my period this week or until later on i've had no side effects at all am i pregnant?

A:   Hello, I realized how concerned you are about possible pregnancy. According to the description of the events, if you are certain about your menses due date then the probability of pregnancy would be considered since you might have had unprotected sex during your ovulation period in which you were fertile, those days would have been on April 16th and 17th. Also Plan B is useful only if taken within 72 hours of having sexual intercourse. I would suggest you to wait for the next days and if your menses dont show yet you might want to test for pregnancy, you should also confirm it with a blood pregnancy test done by your health care provider.In the future if you want to avoid unwanted pregnancies, please consult your primary care physician, he or she would kindly explain to you about contraceptive methods and suggest you the best choice. I wish you the best.